Mushroom Essentials: Mycotherapy For The Health Professional: 4-Part Seminar Series
Speaker(s): Lee Carroll, BSc, BHSc
Aduco Academy is Aduco’s new online education platform. Save time and money by earning CEUs from the comfort of your own home! Easily accessible from anywhere, at any time, our Aduco Academy online classes cover the same high-caliber educational content—from top-notch experts—as our in-person seminars.
In the same manner in which we curate the best health products, we’ve assembled a community of educators who are champions of natural medicine, have many years of hands-on experience in alternative healing methods, and have joined Aduco Academy to help you expand your clinical capabilities in functional nutrition and herbal solutions through our industry-leading seminars.
- Begin whenever you want (even now!) and learn at your own pace.
- Start, pause, and resume a course to work around your schedule.
- Missed something and need to hear the information again?
- Rewind, replay, and re-learn as many times as you need. And, with downloadable materials, class notebooks can be saved on your computer for future reference.
- You can also send questions directly to your instructor for a timely reply.
- At the end of each course, attendees will be offered an exclusive product bundle promotion!
Aduco Academy will continue to grow, one class at a time, with offerings from the foundational to the more advanced, so you will find just what you need to grow, develop, and succeed! In the future, you will have the option of live seminar attendance, online classes, or a combination of both to fulfill your CEU requirements.
Mushroom Essentials: Mycotherapy for the Health Professional: 4-part seminar series
Speaker(s): Lee Carroll, BSc, BHSc, WHM
Certificate Program: Foundational
This 4-part series is approved for 6 hours of Continuing Education Units by the California Acupuncture Board, Provider Number 484, Category 1. CA-licensed Chiropractors are able to apply these Acupuncture CE Units toward relicensure as well, per the California code of Regulations, Title 16, Div 4, Article 6, Section 361, Subdivision (h).
SESSION 1: AN INTRODUCTION TO MYCOTHERAPY
SESSION 2: MYCOTHERAPY FOR THE STRESSED PATIENT
SESSION 3: MYCOTHERAPY FOR NEUROLOGICAL WELL-BEING
SESSION 4: MYCOTHERAPY FOR IMMUNOMODULATION
Upon completion of this course, attendees will have the confidence and ability to support their patient’s health with a range of mushrooms including shiitake, maitake, reishi, cordyceps, lion’s main and chaga.
• Understand the basic science of mushrooms (fungi), including biology, ecology and chemistry
• Have a practical understanding, including traditional use, fungal parts used, actions, indications, dosage, myco-chemistry, pharmacology, clinical trials, of the following key mushrooms; shiitake, maitake, reishi, cordyceps, lion’s main and chaga
• Be knowledgeable in the clinical application of these mushrooms for general health and wellbeing
• Be knowledgeable in the clinical application of these mushrooms in selected areas of human health, including adaptation to stress, neurological wellbeing, supporting a healthy inflammatory response, immune system support and modulating the gastrointestinal microbiota
• Be proficient in the knowledge of how to develop individualized herbal treatments combining mushrooms and selected herbal extracts
• Understand issues related to mushroom quality how this relates to clinical effectiveness
• Understand the relevant cautions, contraindications and potential drug interactions for the mushrooms and herbs discussed
To receive CEUs you must attend all 4 sessions.
No refunds or cancellations. Payment at the time of purchase.
May not be eligible for all certification programs. Call Customer Service for details at 800.662.9134
About the speaker(s)
Lee Carroll, BSc, BHSc
Lee Carroll, BSc, BHSc (WHM) is a practicing medical herbalist and herbal educator with 30 years’ experience in the herbal industry.
Having the good fortune to work together with one of the world’s most influential herbalists, Professor Kerry Bone, founder of MediHerb, Lee has developed deep and unique insights into the clinical application of modern western herbal medicine, herbal manufacturing, herbal product development and herbal quality control.
Lee splits his time between his private Brisbane clinic and the USA where he regularly conducts insightful and practical seminars on the clinical application of western herbal therapy.
A passionate advocate of the old principle, “doctor as teacher”, with an avid interest in herbal and biomedical research, Lee is a natural at interpreting information from the cutting edge and making it accessible to his audience. Lee empowers practitioners and clients alike, bringing relevance and meaning to clinical practice and good health to people’s lives.