Mushroom Essentials: Mycotherapy For The Health Professional 4-Part Live Webinar Series
- June 19, 2020 02:00 PM - 04:00 PM
- June 26, 2020 02:00 PM - 04:00 PM
- July 10, 2020 02:00 PM - 04:00 PM
- July 17, 2020 02:00 PM - 04:00 PM
Speaker(s): Lee Carroll, BSc, BHSc
This seminar is CE APPLIED for 6 CE hours
SESSION 1: AN INTRODUCTION TO MYCOTHERAPY
SESSION 2: MYCOTHERAPY FOR THE STRESSED PATIENT
SESSION 3: MYCOTHERAPY FOR NEUROLOGICAL WELL-BEING
SESSION 4: MYCOTHERAPY FOR IMMUNOMODULATION
Upon completion of this course, attendees will have the confidence and ability to support their patient’s health with a range of mushrooms including shiitake, maitake, reishi, cordyceps, lion’s main and chaga.
• Understand the basic science of mushrooms (fungi), including biology, ecology and chemistry
• Have a practical understanding, including traditional use, fungal parts used, actions, indications, dosage, myco-chemistry, pharmacology, clinical trials, of the following key mushrooms; shiitake, maitake, reishi, cordyceps, lion’s main and chaga
• Be knowledgeable in the clinical application of these mushrooms for general health and wellbeing
• Be knowledgeable in the clinical application of these mushrooms in selected areas of human health, including adaptation to stress, neurological wellbeing, supporting a healthy inflammatory response, immune system support and modulating the gastrointestinal microbiota
• Be proficient in the knowledge of how to develop individualized herbal treatments combining mushrooms and selected herbal extracts
• Understand issues related to mushroom quality how this relates to clinical effectiveness
• Understand the relevant cautions, contraindications and potential drug interactions for the mushrooms and herbs discussed
CEU Processing Fee: $30 (not included)
To receive CEUs you must attend all 4 sessions.
Not eligible for free 1st seminar.
No refunds or cancellations. Payment at the time of purchase.
May not be eligible for all certification programs. Call Customer Service for details at 800.662.9134
About the speaker(s)
Lee Carroll, BSc, BHSc
Lee Carroll, BSc, BHSc (WHM) is a practicing medical herbalist and herbal educator with 30 years’ experience in the herbal industry.
Having the good fortune to work together with one of the world’s most influential herbalists, Professor Kerry Bone, founder of MediHerb, Lee has developed deep and unique insights into the clinical application of modern western herbal medicine, herbal manufacturing, herbal product development and herbal quality control.
Lee splits his time between his private Brisbane clinic and the USA where he regularly conducts insightful and practical seminars on the clinical application of western herbal therapy.
A passionate advocate of the old principle, “doctor as teacher”, with an avid interest in herbal and biomedical research, Lee is a natural at interpreting information from the cutting edge and making it accessible to his audience. Lee empowers practitioners and clients alike, bringing relevance and meaning to clinical practice and good health to people’s lives.