Take this course now
Aduco Academy is Aduco’s new online education platform. Save time and money by earning CEUs from the comfort of your own home! Easily accessible from anywhere, at any time, our Aduco Academy online classes cover the same high-caliber educational content—from top-notch experts—as our in-person seminars.
In the same manner in which we curate the best health products, we’ve assembled a community of educators who are champions of natural medicine, have many years of hands-on experience in alternative healing methods, and have joined Aduco Academy to help you expand your clinical capabilities in functional nutrition and herbal solutions through our industry-leading seminars.
- Begin whenever you want (even now!) and learn at your own pace.
- Start, pause, and resume a course to work around your schedule.
- Missed something and need to hear the information again?
- Rewind, replay, and re-learn as many times as you need. And, with downloadable materials, class notebooks can be saved on your computer for future reference.
- You can also send questions directly to your instructor for a timely reply.
- At the end of each course, attendees will be offered an exclusive product bundle promotion!
Aduco Academy will continue to grow, one class at a time, with offerings from the foundational to the more advanced, so you will find just what you need to grow, develop, and succeed! In the future, you will have the option of live seminar attendance, online classes, or a combination of both to fulfill your CEU requirements.
The Functional Health And Nutrition Exam
Speaker(s): Brandy Zachary, DC, AFMCP
Take this course now
Certificate Program: FMA
This seminar is CE APPROVED for 8 CE hours
The traditional nutritional exam model, a staple among health practitioners, is now updated and expanded! This new format combines the best of functional medicine, nutrition, effective history, and note-taking with optional muscle and energy testing.
This course will cover:
- Principles of Functional Medicine
- Compassionate Care Model versus Disease Care Model
- Personal inventory to become a more effective healer
- Forms – intake, consent, services
- 30/60/90-minute intake exam options to fit the needs of your practice
- Essential components of a successful new patient intake
- Key exam questions to quickly identify where to start in the intake process
- The importance of every intake exam question and how each relates to the Report of Findings (ROF)
- ROF components and how the information advises follow-up patient visits
- Test options to perform during the exam
- The power of labs and how to identify when and when not to use them
- Mapping a strategy toward improved patient health
- Patient nutritional supplementation, lifestyle recommendations, and meal plan suggestions
- Practitioner referrals, both in and out of the office
- Patient follow-up, including the role of office staff in the process
- Your communication style and those of your patients and staff to maximize understanding and impact
- Effective techniques to build a professional office team
- Designing your practice around the Functional Medicine model
The Functional Health & Nutrition Exam is the first seminar in the Functional Medicine Academy™ certificate program (FMA) offered by Aduco to licensed physicians and nutritional professionals. To learn more about the FMA program and Aduco’s educational offerings, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Service team to register for a seminar or open a free professional account: 800.662.9134.
This class is approved for 8 CE units by the California Acupuncture Board, Provider Number 484, Category 1. CA- licensed Chiropractors are able to apply these Acupuncture CE units toward relicensure as well, per the California code of Regulations, Title 16, Div. 4, Article 6, Section 361, Subdivision (h).
This class is also approved for 8 CE units for Registered Nurses.
Note: The CEUs provided for this online seminar are through the State of California. If you are licensed in a state other than California, please check with your governing board to find out if California-recognized units are accepted. At this time, Aduco Academy only offers California CEU certificates.
Aduco Academy courses are $279 per class, which includes your CEU certificate. You can use your PayPal account or pay with a debit or credit card. Early Bird pricing is not available and courses at Aduco Academy are not eligible as the free first seminar for new Aduco accounts.